Willing to have long-lasting and reliable relations with our Principals, as well a good reputation in the Marine Manning market, we do an extremely thorough and professional selection of the seagoing staff.
All of our officers and crew are carefully screened to meet the specific requirements of Owners as well as for particular vessel type. Extensive interviews and testing techniques are undertaken to ensure you will have competent, highly trained and reliable ship’s personnel, which include:
- Pre-employment interview, aimed to verify seafarer’s experience, competency, character and personality, potential and fitness, as well as a thorough back ground check. The seafarer’s qualifications and sea-service are cross-referenced with past employers, shipping office in Colombo, government agencies and other organizations to ensure they are true. Additionally, the seafarer’s professional attitude and psychological behavior are assessed through our personal interviews;
- Check up the validity and authenticity of seafarer’s certificates in compliance with STCW 2010 CODE, IMO requirements, MLC 2006 and ISM CODE. The verification methods we use make certain the seafarers we supply possess the training and skills as stated in their certificates and licenses;
- English language level test (Marlins);
- Medical examination including drug/alcohol test provided by duly licensed and Director General of Merchant Shipping – Colombo approved Marine Medical Centre;
- Familiarization with the Principal’s policies, “Safety Management System” and on board complaint procedure as per MLC 2006;
And although technology has greatly increased our efficiency over the past few years, we are NOT a web-based business. We are a people based business, with real Crew Placement Coordinators, the devotees of their job, who INTERVIEW, who LISTEN, and who SCREEN. Skype interviews for the selected candidates with the princlipal’s Nautical and/or Technical Superintendants. As soon as our candidates are approved by the Principals, our crew manning agency “LSMCL” ensures such pre-departure arrangements as:
- Seafarer’s (ILO) medicals;
- Seaman’s entry or transit visas;
- Booking of air tickets to any destinations;
- Car transfers within Sri Lanka;
- Flag State Endorsements and License Applications (depending on the flag of the vessel);
- Supply with the working clothes and uniform with Principal’s logo (upon Principal’s request), where required.
Human resources at sea are an essential element in ship operation and our crew manning agency “LSMCL” take our obligations towards providing Quality services to support your Safety and Environmental Protection policies very seriously.